- this mod consists of: (1) a memory card flashed with free mcboot and (2) a PS2HDD accessory + a storage medium. I originally went with an SD card but have since switched to HDD for more storage without sacrificing much convenience.
- there are many places to buy pre-flashed FMCB cards. i flashed my own with "PS3-MCA" which was cool but kind of a pain to troubleshoot. it was open source but was taken down by DMCA.
- there are 3rd party PS2HDDs with SATA ports rather than IDE. i haven't tested them but they may be a simpler option. i opted to mod an OEM model with the SATA adapter linked below.
- i bought a 2.5" drive, then needed to buy a spacer because it was flopping around in the drive bay. i don't know if a 3.5" drive would require a spacer or not.
- adding games is not drag & drop; i use WinHIIP, which is unfortunately proprietary and requires to be run as admin.
- there is a drag & drop solution called MC2SIO, but far fewer games are compatible.